Have any questions?
+44 1234 567 890
Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy (ESWT)
Chronic inflammation of tendon attachments or painful calcifications, which can usually only be treated by surgery, can be treated gently with shock wave therapy.
With extracorporeal shock wave therapy, pressure waves are guided deep into the tissue via the skin. The pressure waves provoke increased metabolic activity and thus stimulate the body's natural self-healing powers.
A treatment takes between five and ten minutes. In some cases, a local anaesthetic maybe useful.
Areas of application
- Calcareous shoulder (Tendinosis calcarea)
- Tennis elbow (epicondylitis)
- Heel spur
- Chronic pain in the Achilles tendon (achillodynia)
- Patellar tip syndrome (jumpers' knee)
- Stress pain on the shinbone edge (tibial edge syndrome)